Saturday, February 22, 2014

Florals and burgundy

It's that time of year again for university students in Australia. First day back in campus. This year is my Junior year of college. 2 more years till I'm going to be throwing my cap in the air in celebration. I'm one of those people who actually dresses up on the first week of university. Just how I am. Though I don't rock up with high heels but I like to be fashionable. But after the first week it's back to laid back outfits (mostly due to over sleeping and not having time to in the morning).

I go back first week of March and so this week I've been doing a lot of retail therapy. Do I use the "I need new clothes for first day of university."? Yes. Definitely. Always. Every year. Well every semester. 

It's still super summer here Aus. So this outfit is a back to the campus summer/fall look. 


My skirt is from Paper Scissors. I just love florals. This skirt is flowy and the floral pattern is just perfect for summer.


My spaghetti strap burgundy top is from Vallerygirl. I love this top because there's many ways to wear it. The fabric is thin to tuck under shorts and skirts but it's not see through and doesn't require having a singlet underneath. It comes in other colours and is only $6.95!


What do you think of flat-forms? I've been eyeing this pair for months and I finally bought it just few days ago. Their a great way to add a little height but not to obvious of you wearing heels to school. I like to wear flats to university but sometimes it's nice to add a little wedge. So these flat-forms is the answer! I got this in Novo.


All these rings are from my favourite accessories store called Lovisa which I've mentioned many times. They have such a great range of accessories. I went for a gold and black theme to my jewellery for this outfit because it really suits the burgundy top.  


I had this statement necklace for a while and I thought it just adds something to the top because it's plain solid colour. It matches my rings with the gold and black theme. I don't remember where I got this from but my bet is form Lovisa. 

If you have time I think it's nice to add a bit of braid to your look. I watched Zoella's hair tutorial called Halo braid. It's an easy everyday hairstyle. You can have it with your hair curled or straight and even wavy or an up do. I chose to curl my hair just like Zoella did. Go check out her tutorial!


I recently dyed my hair for the very first time in my 19 years of existence in this world. I decided to go with the ombre style hair dye. It was exactly what I wanted. I decided to keep my natural hair at the top but got the rest of my hair ombred. The curls aren't too much and didn't even use hair spray. 

What's your first day of  college look this year? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished